Monday, November 17, 2014

Styling Shoes and Sexy Stilettos

Shoes can make or break an outfit. They are the accessory that pulls everything together and separates the stylish fashion elite from the amateur fashionista.  One can wear the most elegant dress or have the most put together office look, but throw on the wrong pair of shoes and she might as well be wearing last season's rags.

But having the perfect footwear isn't just about what it does for the outfit; it's about what it does for the wearer.  Nothing makes me feel more sexy and confident than a great pair of shoes. I appreciate the confidence I channel whenever I'm wearing heels.  I try to go for heeled boots or booties as opposed to a stiletto shoe because they are easier to walk in; and nothing breaks confidence more than face-planting on Chicago's city streets.

My favorite heeled shoes are my Tommy Hilfiger Rayelle Two Tone Booties  in dark green with a brown leather wrap.  I lead a lot of different lifestyles, and as a college student who can't afford tons of pieces, I need items that fit well in a number of situations. These booties are versatile enough to wear for both a casual or formal outing.  They look great styled with a pair of dark skinny jeans and a simple blouse as I head to class, as well as with tights and a little black dress for a formal work function.




My wardrobe consists of a lot of neutral tones, so I like using the dark green boot as a way to add subtle color into my outfit.  I like the dullness of the green because it blends nicely with the rest of my pieces.  It makes enough of a statement to show my styling abilities, but not too much to that it draws unwanted attention. 

No comments:

Post a Comment