Monday, November 17, 2014

Winter’s here early, time to dust off your faux fur

With winter in full effect in the cold city of Chicago it’s time to pull out my favorite piece from the back of my closet, my fur! Don’t worry, it’s not real, even though I’m not exactly against real furs. If I had the money I’d probably have one.


Furs are just so luxurious. They make you look like you have money or that you’re important and that’s what I strive to be. I feel like Anna Wintour or someone of her stature when I walk the downtown streets of Chicago in it (not that Anna Wintour would be walking anywhere, but you get the point). What’s that saying? “If you want the part, you got to the look the part”, something along the lines.


Along with many things in my closet, I picked this jet black fur from my favorite store, Akira, just last winter. Originally around $150 I snagged the statement piece for only $40 at the end of the season.

The fur is by a brand by the name of six crisp days and features a black faux leather panel strip in the front with gold zipper detailing. It goes with just about anything and that’s why I love it so much. The shaggy coat looks fashionable but it’s warm at the same. I wish it was the soft kind of fur but nethertheless it’s still my favorite. The coat has a loose box like fit so you still have room to breath. Who said you have to be bundled up like an eskimo to be warm?


No comments:

Post a Comment